1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I went to Cambridge
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No - failed miserably. Yes
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My Uncle Harry. RIP
5. What countries did you visit?
In 2008 I visited Italy and the Canaries (Fuerteventura)
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Job security, fewer arguments with a significant other, more energy and more sunshine
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
Can't say that any date will do that from 2008
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the decision that I have one life and if I don't live it now, I never will
9. What was your biggest failure?
My ability to lose weight
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only minor things compared with previous years - colds, migraines, pins and needles in fingers etc
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably my e-reader
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living, children, books, music, toys ...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Mamma Mia - Abba
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Everything that made me smile
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time on my laptop
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Grandma and Grandpa in Saddleworth
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Kind of - but with the same person
23. How many one-night stands?
Never ever had one
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Well apart from Coronation Street, it would have to be Gavin and Stacey
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word - so no
26. What was the best book you read?
A Year of Wonder by Geraldine Brooks (a tale of the Plague in 1666)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Italian: Louise Setara
28. What did you want and get?
A holiday in the sunshine
29. What did you want and not get?
For my Dad's health to be improved
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Dan took me for a lovely meal in Saddleworth as we were up with his parents, I was 46
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
General levels of improvement in a lot of people's behaviour
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I wouldn't know where to start - there was a lot of black, more than a hint of orange and browns this year too
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Strangely - probably James May (Top Gear)
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Does Barack Obama's speech count?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Apart from all the wonderful friends on-line, probably Lynsey H. Loads of fun
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That I shouldn't get so upset about being disappointed in people, it's life
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Now this I truly have stolen from the beautiful Macpurp - as I couldn't have chosen a better one myself ...
I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream - I have a dream
I've moved - My new career called for a new approach to blogging. I'm still writing, but I've moved to In Between The Shifts - do come over and say hello!
2 years ago